3-Day Trip to Delphi and Meteora from Athens
After taking a scenic drive through Levadia and Arachova (famous for its bright multi-colored carpets), you'll arrive in Delphi. You'll tour the site's museum of archaeological treasures, and have the rest of the day free in Delphi.
After spending the morning how you wish, you'll drive through the central towns of Amphissa, Lamia and Trikala, crossing the Thessalian plain to spend the night in Kalambaka.
Next day you'll take a tour of the cliff-top monasteries, built on the top of rock towers and providing fantastic views over the plain. After your tour of Meteora's unique monasteries, you'll travel back to Athens, passing through Thermopylae and Kamena Vourla.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
First Class Accommodation
3-Day trip to Delphi and Meteora with accommodation in a first class hotel
Tourist Class Accommodation
3-Day trip to Delphi and Meteora with accommodation in a tourist class hotel
- 2 nights accommodation
- Meals as per itinerary (B=breakfast, L=lunch, D=dinner)
- Entrance fees for museums and archaeological sites
- Professional guide
- Local taxes
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 3 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
- Every effort is made to use superior class hotels, as classified by the Greek Government. In smaller towns where no first class hotels are available, the best hotels existing is used. All the hotels used on this tour have private facilities.
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers
Drive to Delphi through Levadia and Arachova. Upon arrival visit the archaeological site and the Museum. The rest of the day at leisure.
Day 2: Delphi - Meteora (B, D)
Morning at leisure then drive across the Thessaly Plains to the spectacular Meteora region, through Amphissa, Lamia and Trikala.
Day 3: Meteora (B)
Tour the monasteries of Meteora and marvel at the towering rocky pinnacles that the region is famous for. Start the drive back to Athens, passing through Thermopylae (short stop) and Kamena Vourla.
Reviewed by: Jan F, July 2013
The local operator, Chat Tours, is professional and conscientious with knowledgeable guides. All the logistics and communication for our hotel pickups, tours, hotels and meals were excellently managed. The free afternoon and morning my daughter and I were able to enjoy in Delphi was a perfect mid-vacation break (12 days in Greece). Delphi has some excellent souvlaki and bakeries/cafes, as well as souvenir shops with hand-made Greek items. We hiked a lovely section of the E4 trail which is very well marked.
Reviewed by: Victor A, July 2013
My trip was in two segments, the first to Delphi. Our guide, Daphne, was incredible. Not only was she knowledgeable but also very enthusiastic and helpful in getting me setup for the next day. The next day I was picked up and enjoyed a trip through the plains of Greece with another great tour guide. I had been having knee problems and was worried about climbing stairs, but we drove right up to the monasteries and I was able to climb the rest of the way with only little difficulty. The hotels on both days were very comfortable. I would definitely recommend this trip.