Don't miss the chance to see the amazing cliff-top monasteries of Meteora. This two-day tour takes you across the scenic Plain of Thessaly to Kalambaka and one of the most important groups of Greek Orthodox monasteries in Greece. The monasteries are perched on top of towers of sandstone, which for centuries provided totally inaccessible retreats for the monks.
- All taxes, fuel surcharges and service fees included
- Multi-Day Trip
- All-inclusive tour
- Led by a local guide
Your overnight tour to Meteora takes you through Levadia and Arachova to Delphi, where you have a 1.5-hour stop. After a drive through the central towns of Amphissa, Lamia and Trikala, crossing the Thessalian plain, you'll spend the night in Kalambaka.
Next morning you'll take a tour of the cliff-top monasteries, built on top of rock towers and providing fantastic views over the plain. Meteora is considered one of the most beautiful area of mainland Greece, and its monasteries are one of the country's most unique attractions.
Special Offer! - Book and travel by June 30, 2013 and you will enjoy 4 Star Accommodation for the price of 3 Star Accommodation. - Book Now!
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Departure Point:Selected Athens hotels or Hotel Amalia near Syntagma Square
Return Details:Returns to original departure point at approximately 6:30pm
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
2-Day trip to Meteora with accommodation in a first class hotel
2-Day trip to Meteora with accommodation in a tourist class hotel
- Overnight accommodation
- Meals as per itinerary (B=breakfast, L=lunch, D=dinner)
- Professional guide
- Local taxes
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Admission to Monasteries and Churches visited on our tours is not allowed to gentlemen wearing shorts and ladies wearing trousers, shorts, short skirts or blouses not covering the shoulders.
- During our tours we make every effort to use superior class hotels, as classified by the Greek Government. In smaller towns where no first class hotels are available, we use the best hotels existing. All the hotels used on our tours have private facilities.
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers
- One room will be allocated per booking; if more than one room is required please do separate bookings.
Itinerary:Day 1: Delphi - Meteora (D)
Drive through Levadia and Arachovia to Delphi to enjoy 1.5 hours of leisure. Drive through the towns of Central Greece, Amphissa, Lamia and Trikala, crossing the Thessalian plain to reach Kalambaka.
Day 2: Meteora - Athens (B)
Morning visit of the breathtaking Meteora and its monasteries built on the top of high rocks. Then start the drive back to Athens passing through Thermoplylae where Leonids was killed, and Kamena Vourla.
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity. What's this?
Local Operator Information:
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.