Punta Cana Half-Day Dune Buggy Adventure
- Get off the beaten track in a 4x4
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Small-group tour
- Led by a local guide
The adventure starts as you head out into the Dominican countryside, passing colorful Caribbean houses along the way. Your first stop will be for a real Dominican coffee, ensuring your energy level is high for the rest of your drive!
Following the nature path and passing by palm trees and banana plantations, you'll reach an authentic limestone mine. Driving back on a paved road to the villages of La Caiba and Macao, you'll make a stop at a local colmado (grocery store), where you can join local people from the countryside doing their daily shopping. Enjoy snacks and drinks at the colmado then head over to Macao Beach, one of the last natural beaches in the Dominican Republic.
Drive along the white sand and enjoy breathtaking views of the beach and ocean. If there's time, you'll stop for a quick dip in the ocean before returning back to Punta Cana!
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Hotel pickups commence approximately 30 - 60 minutes prior to this time
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Shared Dune Buggy
Dune buggies fit up to 4 passengers and you may be sharing yours with another party. However, everyone will take turns driving!
Private Dune Buggy
Dune buggies fit up to 4 passengers but this option is if you want the dune buggy for just your party of 2. There will be more driving for you!
Punta Cana Half Day Dune Buggy Adventure
- Half-day dune buggy adventure
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Cup of Dominican coffee
- Snacks and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- All children must be able to sit in a seat by themselves and must be accompanied by an adult
- Dune buggies have manual transmissions and operate with a 4-speed stick shift
- All drivers must present a valid driver's license
- Drivers must wear closed toe shoes
- Maximum group size is 12 people
- Not recommended for pregnant women
- No alcohol is permitted prior or during the tour
- Approximate driving distance is 55 miles (90 km)
- The route of the tour can be altered by the guide due to certain circumstances
- Please bring with you a swimsuit, towel and sunscreen. Each buggy has a small compartment which can fit a backpack
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there is not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
Reviewed by: Carol A, June 2015
Charlie, the tour guide, was great.
Reviewed by: Kathryn S, June 2015
The kind and spunky Angela picked us up from our hotel and drove us through dirt backroads to their colorful buggy shop in Bavaro. Here we met our amazing, one-of-a-kind tour guide Charlie. He gave us important safety tips and we were off sooner than I thought we'd be. Through rough and rocky dirt paths with mud puddles up to 2 feet deep, do not dress in your finest attire. We were covered in mud and having the time of our lives. We stopped at a farm house for sweet Dominican coffee and treats, rode buggies through a bumpy quarry, more mud of course, but the highlight of the trip was traveling through the local villages and throwing candy to the kids who were out there waiting for us. They high fived us and jumped up and down as we passed by. It was an unforgettable view of the REAL Dominican Republic. Then we ended the trip at the gorgeous and pristine Macau Beach where we rinsed our filthy bodies in the crystal clean ocean. I cannot recommend this half day tour enough. We did a private buggy that we do not regret - lots more driving time! TIPS - you must drive a stick shift. Also wear old shoes you don't care about getting super muddy and a dark swimsuit underneath old clothes so the mud won't stain. I made a mistake of wearing a new peach bikini that didn't quite make it out alive. But WELL WORTH IT!! We can't wait to go back. Even just to see Angela and Charlie :