Washington DC Day Trip from New York
- Comprehensive tour by bus/coach
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Pickup from a centrally located meeting point
Late in the afternoon you'll embark on a panoramic city tour before departing Washington DC for an early-evening arrival in New York City.
Please Note: This tour does not stop at Arlington Cemetery and is scheduled to stop in front of the White House, the Capitol and the Senate for commentary and picture taking. However please note that sometimes this is not possible due to security issues in Washington. In the event of this occurring, tour will be adjusted accordingly.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Washington DC Day Trip
Washington DC day trip from New York
Washington DC day trip from New York with Japanese-speaking guide
Washington DC day trip from New York with Korean-speaking guide
Washington DC day trip from New York with Mandarin-speaking guide
Washington DC day trip from New York with French-speaking guide
The White House
- Professional guide
- Transportation is in a 15-passenger van or a full-sized bus
- Admission to all attractions
- Wifi on bus only
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Due to security, there is no entry to the White House
- Depending on the rules on the day, sometimes a stop can be made for photographs from outside the fence
- Stop at Madame Tussauds is approximately 45-minutes and only includes a visit to the replica of the oval office and the hall of presidents
- Stop at Smithsonian's National Air and Space Museum is approximately 1.5-hours
- Collapsible wheelchairs with removable wheels can be accommodated providing the passenger is accompanied by someone who can assist them board and disembark
- Wheelchair accessible, please advise at time of booking if wheelchair assistance is required
- All children under 6 must have a child or booster seat and is the responsibility of the guardian
- For tours with fewer guests, vans may be substituted. These smaller vehicles do not feature wifi
- Tours can be bilingual/multilingual as they are offered in many different languages
Reviewed by: C C, December 2014
Amazing tour, well worth doing. The trip starts early in the morning and arrives back into NYC late evening so is a long day but is totally worth it. The trip to Washington DC is about four hours each way but our guide allowed people to sleep for some of the morning journey and then starting giving information about the places we were seeing or passing. You also stop at a service station about half way into the journey for breakfast (good choice of food) and again on the way back for a snack. The first visit is to the Memorials (Washington, Lincoln, Korean and Vietnam) and the reflecting pool. We were given ample time here to wander round all the memorials and take photos and info was given on each one. Next we visited the White House and you get to walk right up to the gates to take photos. The tour guide (Marco) was very good to take photos of people at attractions. Next stop was at Madame Tussauds for a visit to the Presidents Hall to meet Obama. After that we travelled to the Smithsonian Air and Space Museum where we had about an hour and a half to explore. The lunch stop was also here. The only restaurant here was McDonalds which was fine but maybe if you don't enjoy fast food you may want to bring you own snacks. The Air and Space museum is very interesting. After that we visited Capitol Hill (which unfortunately is under scaffolding at present but is still spectacular). After that is was time to return to New York. On the way back the tour guide played Movies to pass the time. The Tour Guide was very good and full of information about DC and NYC and also the places we passed through on the trip. A very good tour well worth the price and the long day.
Reviewed by: Brendan Wayne M, December 2014
Dc tour was fantastic. Good learning about American history and seeing the major attractions