Hilo Shore Excursion: Volcanoes National Park and Rainbow Falls
- Free port pickup and drop-off included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
Your Hilo shore excursion continues to Mauna Loa Macadamia Nut Factory, where you’ll get a special tour of Mauna Loa’s nut and chocolate processing plant and watch the nut-husking and drying process. Learn how a macadamia nut is grown and processed, and be sure to try a few samples of chocolate-covered macadamia nuts!
Continue to Hawaii Volcanoes National Park, one of the Big Island’s most popular attractions. The park is home to two of the world’s most active volcanoes – Mauna Loa and Kīlauea.
Walk through the Thurston Lava Tube, where a river of red lava rushed through hundreds of years ago. Get up close to the enormous Halemanumau Crater, which measures 3,000 feet (915 meters) across and 280 feet (85 meters) deep, and watch it come alive with hisses and steams. Stop by Jagger Museum to learn more about Kīlauea, and then step outside on the overlook to get a fantastic view of the crater.
Finish your day at the Akatsuka Orchid Nursery. Step inside a colorful and fragrant paradise of orchids, and learn about the different orchids and tropical flowers native to Hawaii.
This tour can only be booked by cruise passengers
Worry-free Shore Excursion:
We will ensure your timely return back to the ship in Hilo Pier for this activity. If your ship is delayed and you are unable attend this activity, your money will be refunded. See our terms and conditions for full details.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Professional guide
- Port pick up and drop-off
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and beverages
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- This shore excursion can be booked by Norwegian Cruise Line Pride of America passengers, Royal Caribbean Rhapsody of the Sea passengers and Carnival Spirit passengers
- Moderate tour - Involves walking over relatively level terrain,
possible gravel, lava or uneven ground. Comfortable walking
shoes & light jacket recommended.
- Exact departure time may vary depending on the cruise ship's disembarkation time.
- Can only be booked by cruise passengers
Reviewed by: christopher v, December 2014
Reviewed by: Bruce S, October 2014
Driver was informative and friendly. Beautiful scenic ride to the volcano. Falls aren't as impressive as we expected. They are in town not in the mountains.