Maui Atlantis Submarine Adventure
To enhance your submarine experience, and help improve the marine environment, an artificial reef was created in December 2005. An aged replica of a 19th-century supply vessel was anchored to the sandy sea floor in an area that was devoid of coral reef. The resulting artificial reef is developing into a self-sustaining habitat for indigenous fish, coral and other marine life.
From December through May, you may enjoy whale watching during the ship-to-shore journey to your Maui submarine as humpback whales make their annual migration through the warm Pacific waters.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Departs at 9am
Departs at 10am
Departs at 11am
Departs at 12pm
Atlantis Submarine Adventure
- Complete professional narration. Japanese audio narration is also available
- Submarine dive aboard the 48-passenger submarine
- Local taxes
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Passengers must be capable of ascending and descending a near vertical ladder to board the submarine
- Total tour time is approximately 1 hour 50 minutes. Actual underwater tour time is 45 minutes
- Children must be 36 inches or taller to ride the submarine
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
Reviewed by: John K, June 2014
The narrator was the BEST!!
Reviewed by: Richard S, February 2014
This is a wonderful way to view the sea life around a reef without having to snorkel or scuba dive. There is no need to spend money on an additional whale watch as plenty of whales can be seen on the way to the sub during the winter months. We even saw a mother and baby! The Atlantis Submarine has a wonderful safety record for those worried about such things. We enjoyed the trip out to the submarine and had wonderful views out of the port holes of sea life with a knowledgeable lecture to accompany it. The wrecked ship is also interesting to view. It was one of our top experiences while in Hawaii.