Private Tour: Memphis and Sakkara
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Led by a qualified Egyptologist
- All entrance fees included
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
A 20 - 30 minute drive away from the Pyramids of Giza, Sakkara, home of Egypt's oldest pyramid. Built by Imohotep for pharaoh Zoser in 2650BC, the famous Step Pyramid is well preserved. Your guide will give you a brief history of the site before allowing you free time to walk around the perimeter of the impressive structure.
Sakkara is one section of the great necropolis of Memphis, the Old Kingdom capital and the kings of the 1st Dynasty as well as that of the 2nd Dynasty. are mostly buried in this section of the Memphis necropolis. Three major discoveries have recently been made at Sakkara, including a prime minister's tomb, a queen's pyramid, and the tomb of the son of a dynasty founding king.
This is a private tour allowing you to determine the amount of time spent at each site during the tour. In addition you will have the chance to visit a Papyrus Institute to see how this famous artwork is made and have the chance to purchase genuine items if you wish. If you do not want to include this visit, just inform your guide on the day.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time, you must contact the local service provider to verify your exact pickup time.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Statue of Ramses II at Memphis, Egypt
- Qualified Egyptologist guide
- Entrance fees
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Transport is wheelchair accessible however be prepared for uneven surfaces at the sites visited which may be difficult for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
- Infant rates apply provided they do not occupy a seat
Reviewed by: Julie K, November 2015
Two unknown gems that people should really see on their trip to Cairo. Travel was easy and Ahmad was the best guide and very knowledgeable. Thank you Ahmad for taking such good care of us!
Reviewed by: Sione Sonata T, October 2015
Step back in time and walk through one of the ancient capitals of Egypt. Truly an amazing opportunity plus a great young Egyptologist who have gave us great insight into the history of this wonderful place. I would highly recommend friends and colleagues to visit this place along with this tour company that have taken us on this tour.