Washington DC Hop-on Hop-off Trolley Tour
Discover Washington DC at your leisure with a one-day ticket on the Hop-on Hop-off Trolley Tour. Create your own itinerary to see the most popular sights of Washington DC at your own pace. Upgrade to the 2-day pass!
This is DC's only trolley with GPS Tracking! You can find the your next trolley arrival, nearby trolley stops, and there is even a call-in feature. No phone app is required! Maximize your time on the trolleys with the use of this tool.
- Fully narrated tour
- All taxes, fuel surcharges and service fees included
- Multiple departure times and locations available
- Family friendly
- Great overview and orientation of the city
The Washington DC Hop-on Hop-off Trolley Tour is the easiest way to get around town. You can hop on and off at any of the 20 stops as often as you like. Trolleys depart every 30 minutes. This is DC's only trolley with GPS Tracking! You can find your next trolley arrival, nearby trolley stops, and there is even a call-in feature. No phone app is required! Maximize your time on the trolleys with the use of this tool.
There are three trolley routes:
National Mall and Downtown - Orange Loop
The orange line traverses the National Mall with stops at all the Smithsonian Museum buildings, as well as the national monuments and memorials: Lincoln, FDR, Washington, Jefferson, Vietnam Veterans Memorial, United States Capitol and Supreme Court buildings.
National Cathedral and Uptown- Green Loop
The green line travels uptown to visit the National Zoo and Washington National Cathedral. Finally, the green line stops at the White House and White House Visitor Center.
Arlington National Cemetery Shuttle - Red Loop (10 - 15 minute ride)
The Arlington Cemetery line shuttles between the Lincoln Memorial and Arlington Cemetery.
* The last return shuttle from Arlington National Cemetery is at 4:30pm
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
- Washington Welcome Center: Ford's Theatre, Petersen House, International Spy Museum
- The White House Visitors Center: The White House Visitor Center, The White House, National Aquarium
- National Archives: National Archives, National Gallery of Art East and West Buildings, Marian Koshland Science Museum, U.S. Navy Memorial
- Union Station, Smithsonian National Postal Museum
- U.S. Capitol, U.S. Supreme Court, Library of Congress
- Air & Space Museum, Museum of the American Indian, Hirshhorn Museum, U.S. Botanic Gardens
- Holocaust Memorial Museum, Bureau of Engraving & Printing
- Jefferson Memorial, George Mason Memorial, Tidal Basin - paddle boats, FDR Memorial
- Lincoln Memorial, Vietnam Veterans Memorial, Korean War Memorial, World War II Memorial, Shuttle to Arlington Cemetery
- Museum of American History, Washington Monument
- Museum of Natural History, Old Post Office Pavilion and Bell Tower
- Newseum, National Gallery of Art - West Building, Marian Koshland Science Museum
- White House Gifts
- National Geographic Museum, Charles Sumner Museum and Archives
- Dupont Circle, Woodrow Wilson House, Textile Museum, Phillips Collection
- Woodley Park Shopping and Dining Neighborhood, Adams Morgan Shopping and Dining Neighborhood, National Zoo
- National Cathedral: Open daily 10am - 4pm, tours available daily
- Stephen Decatur House, Lafayette Park, White House Grounds, Eisenhower Executive Office Building, Octagon House, Renwick Gallery, Corcoran Gallery
- Chinatown, The National Museum of Women in the Arts, National Portrait Gallery, American Art Museum
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
1-Day Red and Orange Loops
1-Day Hop-on Hop-off Trolley Tour; Red and Orange loop only.
USD $39.00Pricing details
1-Day All Loops
1-Day Hop-on Hop-off Trolley Tour; All loops included.
USD $48.00Pricing details
2-Day All Loops
2-Day Hop-on Hop-off Trolley Tour; All loops included.
USD $77.00Pricing details
Washington DC Hop-on Hop-off Trolley Tour
- Hop-on hop-off narrated tour
- Onboard host/hostess
- Washington DC color guidebook
- Local taxes
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Food and drinks
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant rates apply provided they do not occupy a seat
- Strollers are allowed on the trolley if they are collapsible
- Wheelchair accessible, please advise at time of booking if a wheelchair-accessible trolley is required
- This is DC's only trolley with GPS Tracking. You can find the your next trolley arrival, nearby trolley stops, and there is a call-in feature. No phone app is required
Reviewed by: paul b, January 2016
i love the fact that you can get off where you want and get back on when you want! you see a lot of things on this tour well worth the price!
Reviewed by: lyane.brand, December 2015
Staff excellent and knowledgeable, very helpful at the Washington Welcome ticket centre.