Great Ocean Road Small-Group Eco-Tour from Melbourne
- Instant Confirmation
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Fully narrated tour
- Small-group tour by minibus
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- All entrance fees included
- Recorded commentary by audio headphones
About one hour into your journey, travel through Torquay, a beach town known for its surf culture and as the start of the Great Ocean Road. Next, visit the famous Bells beach and enjoy other scenic coastal stops, continue another hour to Kennett River where you take a short walk in eucalyptus forest to look for koalas and colorful parrots.
Further along, at the foot of the Otway Ranges, have lunch in the beautiful town of Apollo Bay. Then enjoy free time to explore the shops and marina or take a dip in the water.
Your next stop takes you into Great Otway National Park for a leisurely stroll at Maits Rest. A wooden boardwalk leads through lovely fern gardens and rain forest, with giant trees up to 300 years old.
Hop back on the bus to visit Port Campbell National Park, known for offshore rock formations such as the Twelve Apostles. Here you have the option to upgrade and take a 10-minute helicopter ride along the magnificent coastline. From the air, you get an amazing perspective on Gibsons Steps, the Twelve Apostles and Loch Ard Gorge.
Next, drive along the Shipwreck Coast to Loch Ard Gorge, named after an infamous 1878 shipwreck. Hear the story of the wreck and its two survivors as you take in scenic views. Then drive to your final destination, London Arch, a naturally formed rock archway that was known as London Bridge until its middle portion collapsed in 1990.
Your return journey includes a stop for dinner (at own expense) and stunning views of the lights of Melbourne as you cross the West Gate Bridge.
Translation of key tour information in 13 languages is provided on specially configured iPods. Enjoy free WiFi onboard your minicoach, making the return drive a perfect time to upload photos or email friends about your fantastic day on the Great Ocean Road.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Times are subject to change due to local traffic conditions.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Great Ocean Road Tour
Tour & Heli Flight
Great Ocean Road Tour and Scenic Helicopter Flight. Flight time approximately 10-minutes in duration
Great Ocean Road, Melbourne
- Morning tea
- Local guide
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- National Park fees
- Helicopter tour (if option selected)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 4 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Audio guides available in Mandarin, German, and French, among other languages
- Vehicles hold a maximum of 24 passengers
- All passenger weights MUST be advised at time of booking for helicopter flights. Maximum weight not to exceed 299 pounds (136kg)
- A fee of AUD$20.00 applies for infants if taking the helicopter option. This must be paid direct to the guide on the day of travel.
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- All touring vehicles are fitted with free WIFI
Reviewed by: iamagolfer, March 2015
We were on our honeymoon in Australia. Melbourne is our first stop and luckily we chose this for our last day in the city. This is by far the best and most worthy! Although we went on a very busy weekend, our driver and guide Nicky has the smarts to arrange the tour in reverse, i.e. we went to see the 12 Disciples first. It didn't disappoint! And it also saved us hours of waiting in traffic later. Many who signed up for the optional heli ride said it's worth it although we didn't go. The only problem was it's too short.
Reviewed by: Kong Hin S, March 2015
Definitely a must-do tour when in Melbourne! Loved the spectacular views of the oceanfront and rock formations and beaches as well as the guided walk through the rainforest and the interesting stops throughout the tour. Our guide cum driver, Lizzie, was excellent too and contributed greatly to making the tour such a wonderful experience!