Select a datex
Book the shark diving shore excursion for a thrilling and adrenaline-filled adventure on your cruise to Nassau! Swim close to Caribbean Reef Sharks and watch as they are being fed by the professional guides. This exciting underwater encounter with the ocean's greatest predators will be the talk of your vacation so book now and experience one of Nassau's most adventurous shore excursions!
- See native wildlife in their natural environment
- Free port pickup and drop-off included
- Close encounter with wildlife
There are currently four sites where you can dive with the sharks. You'll dive either the combination of 'Shark Wall' and 'The Arena' or the combination of 'Shark Wall North' and 'The Runway'. At either location, you'll encounter a gathering of Caribbean Reef Sharks on a consistent basis.
Your first dive is a 'Free Swim' with the sharks on a magnificent wall. The sharks will follow you throughout the dive because you'll be close to the feeding site and they know that dinner time is soon. However, no bait is exposed on this dive. This keeps the sharks curious and creates a very natural encounter for divers - just as you would encounter a shark in the wild.
Your second dive is a shark-feeding dive. Unlike ordinary dives, you'll spend this dive kneeling on the ocean floor. Divers form a semi-circle in front of the professional shark feeder who'll place a bait box on the bottom. Your feeder utilizes the bait box and a pole spear to control the release of food that influences the shark's behavior. Watch exactly how the shark feeder keeps the sharks in a 'polite' feeding posture. The sharks will come very close but they are more interested in the bait than you!
- Must be at least 10 years of age
- Must be a certified diver (must bring certification card at time of check-in)
- Must have good physical health
- Divers who have not logged a dive within the last 3 years will be required to complete a refresher program prior to joining any scheduled dives. Each participant is required to wear a full wetsuit or skin (long sleeves and long legs)
We will ensure your timely return to Nassau for this activity. In the rare event your ship has departed, we will arrange for transportation to the next port-of-call. See our terms and conditions for full details.
Shark Diving Adventure
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Departure Point:Tour departs from the water fountain next to the cruise ship terminal
- Cruise pier pickup - 11:45am
Return Details:Returns to original departure point at approximately 6:00pm
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Shark Diving Adventure
- The use of tanks, weights and weightbelts
- Fresh drinking water and ice
- Port pickup and drop off
- Dive equipment and wetsuit (rental available)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Videotape of dive
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- All participants MUST be certified as a diver or junior diver (must bring certification card at time of check-in)
- Each participant is required to wear full wetsuit or skin (long sleeves and long legs) and gloves on this dive
- Videotape of the dive is available for an additional fee
- New divers who have not yet purchased their own equipment can rest easy with the knowledge that all rental equipment is less than 2 years old and only from the very best manufacturers
- Tour duration includes hotel transportation time
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers
Approximate rental costs for equipment:
- Wetsuits - $10 per day
- Regulators w/ alternate air sources and consoles - $7 per day
- Buoyancy Compensators - $7 per day
- Mask / Fins / Snorkel Set - $7 per day (Fins are full foot fins with sizes from 3-4 to 11-13)
You must present a paper voucher for this tour. We will email a link to access and print your voucher at the Lead Travelers email address. What's this?
Local Operator Information:
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.