Turtle Reef Kayak Tour
This fun and educational Maui kayaking tour starts at Makena Landing and paddles around the bay area. The calm, clear ocean is perfect for various water activities including swimming, snorkeling and animal watching. Float next to peaceful turtles and admire the stunning tropical underwater world. Leave all your worries behind and join this unique Hawaiian experience.
This kayaking Maui trip is planned as a leisurely paddle around Makena Bay, available to all ability levels and ages 5 and up. Whether it's your first time on a kayak or if you're an experienced paddler, this Hawaiian adventure is a wonderful experience. Highlights include snorkeling with the endangered green sea turtle and wonderful views of Haleakala.
Paddling distance is approx. 2.5 miles (4km).
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
- 7:15am - 10:15am
- 10:30am - 1:00pm
Tour returns to the original departure point approximately 3 hours after departure
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Departs at 7:15am
Departs at 10:30am
Turtle Reef Kayak Tour
- Beach Instructions and Safety Talk
- Guide Assisted Launch and Landings
- Quality Snorkel Equipment, PFD, and Where Required, Water Socks
- Light refreshments
- Quality Touring Kayaks - Singles and Doubles Available
- CPR and First Aid Certified Guides with Many Years Ocean Experience
- Local taxes
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Paddling distance is 2.5 miles
- The 10:30am tour is only available to guests who are 12 years and over. The 7:15am departure offers ideal weather conditions and a more active reef life.
- Not recommended for child aged 4 and under
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers
Reviewed by: Julie S, October 2014
We loved this "tour." The visibility wasn't great, but our guide made the most of the conditions, and we saw many fascinating fish, several turtles - and a manta ray! The guide was informative and clearly had a strong interest in the environment. He informed us without being tedious, and his knowledge certainly enhanced our experience. We were pleased we did it this way rather than with a larger group off a boat.
Reviewed by: Ryan C, August 2014
Really great Tour. Had Steve as our guide he was funny and knowledgable of the area and the marine life, great guy. Would definitely recommend doing. The snorkelling was great and we were able to see heaps of turtles up close