When your cruise ship docks in San Francisco, combine a city tour and a guided visit to Alcatraz for the ultimate San Francisco experience! Enjoy the picturesque beauty and iconic attractions of the world-famous city by the Bay, and take a scenic ferry ride to Alcatraz Island for an intriguing walking tour with audio commentary!
- All taxes, fuel surcharges and service fees included
- All entrance fees included
Likely to Sell-out! Alcatraz regularly sells out weeks in advance. Book ahead of time to avoid disappointment.
This San Francisco shore excursion begins at just a 10-minute walk from the cruise ship port. After being picked up from your driver/guide in a comfortable, air-conditioned coach, ride along the famous waterfront for views of the San Francisco Bay and Alcatraz Island. Enjoy a relaxing drive around the city and see San Francisco’s top attractions, like the Golden Gate Bridge, as you learn about the area from your knowledgeable guide. Weather permitting, you may also visit the massive Golden Gate Park, a lush green haven in the midst of urban city life, or climb up to Twin Peaks for stunning views of the sprawling city below.
Other attractions you will see on this San Francisco city tour include:
- Fisherman's Wharf
- Palace of Fine Arts
- North Beach
- Presidio National Park
- Awe-inspiring views of Alcatraz and the Pacific Ocean
This excursion is located within a 10-minute walk to the cruise port, so you determine the time you return to your ship in San Francisco. Please allow yourself ample time to enjoy the excursion and ensure your timely return to the port. This excursion is not covered by our worry-free policy.
See San Francisco's iconic sights
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Departure Point:Tour departs from corner of North Point Street and Taylor Street (10-minute walk from cruise terminal)
Return Details:Returns to original departure point
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
- San Francisco city tour
- Round-trip ferry from San Francisco to Alcatraz Island with admission (US$30 per adult, US$18.25 per child value)
- Walking tour of Alcatraz 'Cell Block' and audio tape
- Transport by air-conditioned coah
- Gratuities (optional)
- Entrance fee to Japanese Tea Garden (approximately USD4.00)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 30 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability.
- Date changes are not permitted once confirmation is received
- The Alcatraz portion usually takes 1.5 hours to complete, with its audio tour consisting of approximately 45 minutes. You are advised to inquire on your arrival to the island as to what time the next guided tour will begin. There is no restriction on the amount of time you spend on the Island. The ferry boat service departs Alcatraz every 30 minutes and you can disembark at your own leisure.
- Wheelchair accessible. However, passengers in a wheelchair can be accommodated only if they can get on and off the bus on their own and if the wheelchair is collapsible. The driver is not permitted to assist handicapped persons due to insurance restrictions. Please note, there is a tram providing transport for handicapped persons on Alcatraz Island.
- Buses are air conditioned and the size of the bus depends on the number of passengers booked for that particular day. Buses seat 48, 28, 39, 47 and 50-passengers.
Itinerary:Your tour schedule depends on the availability for Alcatraz. You will be advised of the tour schedule either when you call to re-confirm your tour 24 hours prior, or upon arrival for the tour on your selected date of travel.
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity. What's this?
Local Operator Information:
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.