San Francisco Shore Excursion: Alcatraz and City Tour
- All taxes, fuel surcharges and service fees included
- All entrance fees included
This San Francisco shore excursion begins at just a 10-minute walk from the cruise ship port. After being picked up from your driver/guide in a comfortable, air-conditioned coach, ride along the famous waterfront for views of the San Francisco Bay and Alcatraz Island. Enjoy a relaxing drive around the city and see San Francisco’s top attractions, like the Golden Gate Bridge, as you learn about the area from your knowledgeable guide. Weather permitting, you may also visit the massive Golden Gate Park, a lush green haven in the midst of urban city life, or climb up to Twin Peaks for stunning views of the sprawling city below.
Other attractions you will see on this San Francisco city tour include:
- Fisherman's Wharf
- Palace of Fine Arts
- North Beach
- Presidio National Park
- Awe-inspiring views of Alcatraz and the Pacific Ocean
This excursion is located within a 10-minute walk to the cruise port, so you determine the time you return to your ship in San Francisco. Please allow yourself ample time to enjoy the excursion and ensure your timely return to the port. This excursion is not covered by our worry-free policy.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
- 10am until May 25, 2015
- 9am starting May 26, 2015
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
- San Francisco city tour
- Round-trip ferry from San Francisco to Alcatraz Island with admission (US$30 per adult, US$18.25 per child value)
- Walking tour of Alcatraz 'Cell Block' and audio tape
- Transport by air-conditioned coah
- Gratuities (optional)
- Entrance fee to Japanese Tea Garden (approximately USD4.00)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 30 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability.
- Date changes are not permitted once confirmation is received
- The Alcatraz portion usually takes 1.5 hours to complete, with its audio tour consisting of approximately 45 minutes. You are advised to inquire on your arrival to the island as to what time the next guided tour will begin. There is no restriction on the amount of time you spend on the Island. The ferry boat service departs Alcatraz every 30 minutes and you can disembark at your own leisure.
- Wheelchair accessible. However, passengers in a wheelchair can be accommodated only if they can get on and off the bus on their own and if the wheelchair is collapsible. The driver is not permitted to assist handicapped persons due to insurance restrictions. Please note, there is a tram providing transport for handicapped persons on Alcatraz Island.
- Buses are air conditioned and the size of the bus depends on the number of passengers booked for that particular day. Buses seat 48, 28, 39, 47 and 50-passengers.
Reviewed by: Peter D, December 2013
This tour was an excellent introduction to the wonderful city that is San Francisco and allowed us to decide on the experiences we wished to follow up on given we only had 4 days in the city. The guide was particularly helpful in answering any questions we had. The visit to Alcatraz was the highlight. We would have no hesitation in recommending this tour which represents excellent value for money.
Reviewed by: Daniel W, April 2013
Alcatraz is really worth to visit. The Self guided Tour tells a Lot about the History of the Island. The view from the Island towards the City is Some of the most spezial ones I ever saw. To See the City from there was really Nice.