Reach speeds only legal on the race track in an once-in-a-lifetime experience. Get in the drivers seat and enjoy 8 laps around the speedway in a 358 cubic inch V-8 NASCAR style racecar that roars with 600HP. The Rookie Experience lasts 3 hours and if that’s not enough you can upgrade to the Rookie Tour with transportation included and behind-the-scenes action!
You’ll begin your Rookie Experience with a mandatory orientation which includes two elements of safety and instruction training, in-car and on-track instruction. This will give you a chance to ask questions and learn everything you to need to know about the racing experience. You’ll also get a photo session outside of your racecar before taking off on the track.
After the driver’s meeting, you'll be suited up in a regulation helmet, neck guard and drivers suit for your safety. Then you can enjoy 1 to 2 hours of fun-filled driving in your professional NASCAR stock car. After successfully completing your 8 laps, you’ll receive a graduation packet that includes a time sheet with a breakdown of each lap driven.
Upgrade to the Rookie Tour option with transportation to and from the Speedway. Additionally, receive an overview of the Las Vegas Motor Speedway, the largest sporting venue on the West Coast of the United States. Tour the Richard Petty Driving Experience Race Shop as well as a stop at the Las Vegas Motor Speedway Gift Store to find your favorite race gear.
Please note: all times are approximate and subject to weather conditions and participant experience levels.
NASCAR side view
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Departure Point:Rookie Experience:
Please make your own way to the Las Vegas Speedway. Transportation NOT included
Rookie Experience with Tour:
Transportation included. Pick ups are available from the Mirage, Treasure Island and Paris.
- Rookie Experience:
Classes are held at 9:30am, 10:30am, and 1pm unless otherwise specified.
Rookie Tour – Varies. Please see schedule below.
Please note tour times are subject to change and the time on your selected day will need to be reconfirmed with the operator at least 48 hours prior to tour date.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Rookie Experience Only. Make your own way to the Speedway - transportation NOT included.
Rookie Tour starts at 9:30am. Rookie Tour includes transportation to the Speedway, prior to tour start time, and a tour of the Richard Petty Driving Experience Race Shop.
Rookie Tour starts at 10:30am. Rookie Tour includes transportation to the Speedway, prior to tour start time, and a tour of the Richard Petty Driving Experience Race Shop.
Rookie Tour starts at 1pm. Rookie Tour includes transportation to the Speedway, prior to tour start time, and a tour of the Richard Petty Driving Experience Race Shop.
- Richard Petty Rookie Experience
- Tour of the Las Vegas Speedway Facility (if Rookie Tour selected at time of booking)
- Pick-up and drop-off from select hotels (if Rookie Tour option selected at time of booking)
- Tour of Richard Petty Driving Experience Race Shop (if Rookie Tour option selected at time of booking)
- Facility overview of Las Vegas Motor Speedway (if Rookie Tour option selected at time of booking)
- USD $25 Driver Release fee
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (unless Rookie Tour is selected)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 5 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Not recommended for participants with back problems
- Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for pregnant women
- Due to the nature of this tour and the safety of all guests, the tour operator reserves the right to refuse service to passengers who are intoxicated or show signs of intoxication. If, as a result, your tour is canceled, you will not be entitled to a refund.
- Wear comfortable clothing and closed toe shoes. No sandals are allowed.
- Must be have the ability to climb through at 15" high and 30" wide window that sits 36" from the ground.
- Minimum age is 16 years
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity. What's this?
Local Operator Information:
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.