See the Big Island of Hawaii’s stunning beauty on a full-day Grand Circle tour. On the Grand Circle Island Adventure, you’ll visit Volcanoes National Park and admire lush tropical rainforests in a comfortable, luxury minibus, complete with large windows to give you fantastic views. Round-trip transportation from your Kona hotel is included.
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Comprehensive tour by bus/coach
Get a complete Big Island experience on the Grand Circle Island Adventure. Hawaii’s Big Island is blessed with spectacular landscapes, including volcanoes and rain forests, and this is the best way to see it all. You’ll have between 15 minutes to one hour at each of the following stops; the order could change, depending on factors like weather, but you will see it all.
Kailua Town was considered the premier place to live in ancient times; kings called it home.
Catch amazing Hawaiian views here.
Kona Coffee Plantation:
Sample Kona’s delicious export.
Volcanoes National Park:
The Grand Circle tour includes admission to the park. Built in 1916, the park features the results of 70 million years of volcanic activity, migration and evolution. See the Kilauea Iki crater, Thurston Lava Tube and the steam bluffs. Bring a light sweater or jacket to wear here.
You can watch films of past eruptions and current volcano activity at this free, hands-on museum.
This is where the US Geological Survey monitors volcanic activity using a variety of technological and scientific data. You’ll be fascinated by what they know.
Additional stops on the tour include an orchid and anthurium nursery, a drive through Parker Ranch’s gentle hills and a view of flowing waterfalls along the gorgeous Hamakua Coast.
Special Offer! - Book now and save 10% off the recommended retail rate! - Book Now!
Volcanoes National Park
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Departure Point:Tour departs from Kona hotels
- Free Kona hotel pickup at approximately 6:45 AM.
Return Details:Free return to your Kona hotel at approximately 6:30 PM.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Departs from Kailua-Kona and Keauhou area hotels
Departs from Mauna Lani and Mauna Kea area hotels
Departs from Kona Airport, Kona Village and Waikoloa area hotels
- Transportation by air-conditioned motorcoach or minibus
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Local taxes
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A light sweater may be needed at the volcano area and sturdy walking shoes are required
- Passengers with asthma and other respiratory problems should please consider other tour offerings to avoid potential health problems resulting from exposure to fumes
- As we cannot predict volcanic activity, features may vary daily depending on conditions. In an effort to make this an unforgettable experience, the tour operators will take you as close as possible to the volcanic activity
- Lava sightings not guaranteed
Please read the following cautionary comments before selecting this tour:
- When lava enters the ocean, the intense heat produces a plume cloud with dangerous and potentially life threatening toxic gases, super heated steam, and hydrochloric acid. Airborne particles are a hazard to your eyes and lungs. Watch for shifting winds that can blow acid mist clouds over you. Leave the area at once.
- Where lava enters the ocean the coastline is extended. This new surface is unstable and may collapse at any time without warning. Do not approach areas where lava is entering the ocean.
- Sharp lava cracks and holes, loose rock, and thin crust greatly increase your risk of getting hurt. Falling on lava can result in nasty wounds. Wear sturdy walking shoes. Use sunscreen, wear a hat, and drink plenty of fluids.
- If inland flows are present, and you use caution, you may have an opportunity to view fresh lava close up. Follow marked routes and your guide's instructions. Molten lava is 2000 degrees F, so keep a safe distance and never go into areas where your escape route may be cut off. Do not throw objects into lava as this can cause burns from spattering lava or eye injuries from airborne volcanic glass fragments. BE AWARE, STAY ALERT, AND USE CAUTION AT ALL TIMES, DO NOT TAKE CHANCES.
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity. What's this?
Local Operator Information:
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.